The new BMustangs.com website is now a month old. Myself and Andy Goodman have received many compliments on it. It is still very much a work in progress, but at present, I think we’ve got the basics covered.
Looking back to around March 15th when I first discovered that the Sitebuilder function that I had used to update and maintain the former BMustangs.com website was going to no longer be functional, and where we have come from that day, with only losing one week of continuous coverage during the transition, truly amazes me. Were it not for Jim Gastright, Jr., and Andy Goodman stepping up and volunteering to help me get through this, I dread to think of what the future of BMustangs would have held. I also amaze myself that I have been able to learn A) the process to continue to update the old site from the end of March until August 16th when we laid the old site to rest, and B) my ability at 74 to still (somewhat) learn the basics of a brand new system, and be able (with plenty of help) to help startup and maintain the new WordPress site, without missing a day.
We’ve got the homepage down pretty well. The advantages to you the reader is that the stories posted here do not go away, and can always be retrieved by going to ALL POSTs and retrieving an old story. All posts/pages dating back to July 31st, some of which were posted on the old site are available in the ALL POSTS section. I have much more flexibility with photos, no longer having to fit them into a confined space.
Once again to those of you viewing these pages on a desktop computer, which I am shocked to learn is only about 15% of you, is to learn to use the “Michelin Man” icon in the upper right to help you view and read the pages. This option allows you to enlarge text and reverse the background to black and the text to white or yellow. You can’t mess it up. At the bottom there is a RESET option, which returns everything to its original state. So, if 15% of you are reading this on a desktop, the majority of the other 85% are reading on your mobile devise. which makes it important that I stay aware of that when entering things like stats and facts and figures. On a normal weekday we will get over 650 pages viewed, which jumps to over 1,000 on game days, or breaking news days.
Here is pretty much what is presently available on the site. For now, learn to use the SEARCH box in the right column on your desktop, and at the bottom of your mobile device. For example by inserting Final Stats into the search box, you can find the Freshman, JV, and Varsity final stats of our teams dating back to 2003. We enter tags on each post which should make them easy to find.
In the TEAM HISTORY section, all of our school records and record-holders, along with our leading all-time scorers by Points Per Game, and our 1.000 Points Club and all scorers who have scored 500 or more points can be found. Also available is our program’s year-by-year win-loss records and MVPs along with some Fun Facts about our program. Our LEGENDS page is complete and updated. They can be found under TEAM HISTORY as well We even transferred Nathan Seiter’s memorial pages to his Legends page.
Some links are included on other pages, such as the Year-by-year progression is located via a link on the TEAM HISTORY PAGE itself.
There is a lot of good stuff and links to be found on the BOYS BASKETBALL PAGE, including rosters, schedules, and coaches summaries, when they become available. Right now if a link is not active it will return you to the page from which it originated. At present you can link to Media Guides, Game Reports, Final Stats, and three years worth of Camp Champs, along with Coaches and Staff profiles. The game reports are only from the 2020-21 varsity season which I intend to finish this week. They also include broadcast links. We will add the past couple of years and a link to Riherds where you can find all of our varsity game-by-game scores and stats dating back to around 2000. There is also a link to our Basketball and Football Broadcast archives from this season. Our intentions are at some point to have three years of Game Reports and Broadcast Archives. I have all broadcast archives on file and will be happy to provide any of them to you via sound file and e/mail by request. All of our Broadcast links for all games broadcast in 2020-21 in all sports are available on the AUDIO ARCHIVE page.
We will continue to plug away to get caught up. There were over 700 pages on the old BMustangs site and I still have access to MOST of them, so if there is something of interest that you would like to see, let me know.