Madison Paker Named NKGBBCA - Division II Miss Hustle. Molly Kramer and Lauren Macht Tabbed Division II All-Stars
Senior Madison Parker, our Senior Floor General, who also quarterbacked the 2020-2021 Lady Stangs, led this year’s team to an 18-10 record against a challenging schedule in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. She gaining valuable experience a year ago with the 10th Region Champs who finished their campaign on the floor of Rupp Arena in the KHSAA “Sweet Sixteen” State Tournament. Our girls, the Number One seed in the upcoming 37th District Tournament, are guaranteed an appearance in next week’s 10th Region Tournament at Nicholas County High School where they are ranked as high as Number Two behind George Rogers Clark.
Junior Molly Kramer and Senior Lauren Macht were named to the NKGBCA Division II All-Star Team. This is the complete list of DivII All-Stars: Aleah Arlinghaus – Holy Cross, Grace Brewer – Walton-Verona, Caroline Eaglin – NCC, Marissa Green – Highlands, Julia Hunt – Holy Cross, Morgan Jenkins – Lloyd, Molly Kramer – Brossart, Nejai Lewis – Holmes, Lauren Macht – Brossart, Maya Reis – Beechwood, Hanna Robinson – Holy Cross, Rylee Turner – NCC, Kayla Unkraut – St. Henry, DeAjah White – Newport.
Miss Hustle: Madison Parker – Brossart
Academic – Ali Owen – Beechwood
Coach of the year – Ted Arlinghaus – Holy Cross
I received the members of the 10th Region All-Region Team as I was writing this article. I’ve posted it at the bottom of the page.
With the post-season upon us, our JV and Freshman Teams’ seasons have concluded. Both teams had outstanding seasons, promising continued quality basketball on the Avenue of Champions into the future. Our JV team finished their season, falling to Notre Dame in the Northern Kentucky Junior Varsity Tournament, where they were out-scored 15-1 in the second quarter after leading 9-7 after a period. This proved to be the difference in the game. Zoee Meyer and Jill Planeaux were named to the All-Tournament Team. Our girls had defeated Conner, Ryle, ad Cooper to make it to the finals. The JVs finished with a 16-5 record including “signature wins” over Conner (twice), Ryle (twice) Cooper, Campbell County, Scott and Highlands. They also owned a win over Notre Dame, who they played on three occasions.
The Girls JV Team was comprised of eight players and coached by Adam Franzen. They are: Jill Planeaux, Cora Bertsch, Hannah Kramer, Claire Hummel, Zoee Meyers, Payton Parker, Maddie Kremer, and Bailey Ritter.
Our Freshman Girls Team was equally impressive, finishing with a 16-3 mark, averaging 37ppg, while holding our opponents to 22ppg. They finished in the Northern Kentucky Freshman Tournament Semi-Finals at Ryle High School falling to Highlands. Our Freshmen were NoKy Freshman Tournament finalists a year ago.
The team, coached by Chad Clift is comprised of: Lexi Braun, Zoey Woosley, Corrine Blackburn, Elly Clift, Addison Doughman, Sophia McGrath, Emma Laker, Kaitlyn Kramer, and Sarah Oergel.
Some highlights from their season include:
- Avenged early 22 point loss to Notre Daye by defeating the Pandas 35-31 on January 17th.
- Swept Holy Cross Holiday Round Robin Tournament vs Ryle, Dixie and Holy Cross.
- Zoey Woosley nailed a 3-point basket with 0/8 second left to defeat Dixie in that Holy Cross Holiday Classic.
- Elly Clift hit 2 free throws to put us up by two possessions with 2 second remaining against Conner in the 2nd Round of the Freshman Regional.
- Addison Doughman led the team in scoring at 7.5ppg.
- Elly Clift led the team in free-Throw percentage at 69.6%
- Emma Laker was named to the Freshman Regional All-Tournament team.
- Eight different plaYers were leading scorers over the course of the year.
We look forward to seeing these girls play at the “next level” next year.
Congratulations, and Well Done to All!!!
10th Region Girls Basketball Coaches Association
2021–2022 All Region Teams
- Hayden Barrier – Freshman Guard, Montgomery County
- Brianna Byars – Junior Forward, George Rogers Clark
- Sanaa Jackson – Junior Guard, Paris High
- Gab Hatterick – Senior Guard, Harrison County
- Ciara Byars – Freshman Guard, George Rogers Clark
- Tyra Flowers – Senior Forward, George Rogers Clark
- Allison Hughes – Senior Guard, Saint Patrick
- Jamie Cowan – Junior Forward, Paris High
- Kylie Koeninger – Senior Guard, Campbell County
- Nicole Archibald – Freshman Guard, Bracken County
- Saniah Thomas – Junior Forward, Pendleton County
- Savannah Parker – Senior Center, Montgomery County
- Hannah Adkins – Senior Forward, Mason County
- Allie Dillon – Freshman Guard, Montgomery County
- Lauren Macht – Senior Forward, Bishop Brossart
- Macy Campbell, Scott
- Jada Cleaver, Nicholas County
- Krysta Hamm, Robertson County
- Laiken Hardin. Bourbon County
- Melanie Hatton, Nicholas County
- Megan Jones, Augusta
- Nia Kenney, Paris
- Molly Kramer, Bishop Brossart
- Madison Parker, Bishop Brossart
- Reagen Tackett, Augusta
- Hayden Barrier, Montgomery County High School
- Brianna Byars, George Rogers Clark